- Application Support - Oracle PL/SQL Software product
- Sydney CBD based - easy access from train station
- International Software business - 6 month contract
Internationally recognised software company is looking for a self starter to provide courteous, prompt, and professional support to external customers experiencing problems and making requests. You will utilise various software tools, techniques, and processes to investigate and resolve problems. In this is client facing role you must be able to operate in a fast-paced environment, dealing with several problems and/or assignments concurrently
Our client is recruiting for an Application Support consultant and your new role will have the following responsibilities:
- Investigate and resolve Incidents raised by customers and answer any queries they have
- Write complex packages, procedures, functions and triggers
- Refactoring code for better maintainability and ease of troubleshooting
- Bug-fixing/Troubleshooting in large-scale production environments
- Query performance tuning using explain plans and SQL traces
- Effectively communicate and interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and fellow employees
- Contribute to and maintain the company knowledge base and code repositories with relevant information and software fixes (scripts, recommendations, etc.).
- Work to maintain a current working knowledge of the software products.
To be considered for this permanent opportunity you will need the following minimum skills:
- Strong Oracle PL/SQL, Bug fixing and problem resolutions skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- 3+ years experience in application support or similar position
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and embrace new technology.
- Education and/or Experience Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, equivalent background or demonstrated experience.
- Ability to demonstrate tact and sensitivity in customer communications projecting a positive
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented with attention to processes and procedures